- You must have the ATTITUDE that these women present. Shoulders back, chin up - just remember you are a very important and strong woman so let that exude from you.
- Have CONFIDENCE in yourself. One cannot stress the importance of this. There is no need to go through life with your eyes on the pavement. You are capable of anything, and to get what you want in life - show "the man" that you have chutzpah.
- And every wardrobe has a certain amount of 'necessity' items. It just happens that these items are also the vital basics for a masculine cross over. They are as follows;
· The classic men’s white shirt – this will take you anywhere. Wear it with gorgeously tailored trousers in the office, team it with jeans and ballet flats for casual moments, or wear it by itself in the bedroom. The possibilities are endless.
· The black blazer – a staple in many aspects. This versatile piece is incredibly on trend right now and there are many options in all price ranges in store at the moment. Wear the blazer in black or navy, or if you’re a little more daring try it in a nude or neutral colour. Team it with jeans in the daytime, and the chuck it over your cocktail dress when it’s time to hit town. Brilliant!
· The men’s watch – I’ve been wearing one for years. The bigger the better really, it’s a statement piece yet so functional. I’m partial to the square face, but nice big round ones are growing on me. And they don’t have to break the budget. When wanting to purchase one check out local jeweler sales and sometimes chain stores stock them too.
· The oversized cardigan – such a favourite of mine. Black, grey, navy and khaki are basic colours that you can wear with everything but burnt oranges, maroon and caramel will never let you down.
· The jean – what ever your colour preference, what ever your shape, always wear a jean that suits you, not the trend. I have found my perfect jean in a dark blue, straight leg and medium waist height. I’ll wear them with anything, day and night. Own one pair of good jeans to hang lovingly in your wardrobe. To get the mens look in jeans, go for a slightly looser leg fit, higher in the waist and a little bit baggy. Team this look with fine layering, shirts and loafers.
· Lastly – Brogue shoes – in season at the moment (perfect!) and easy to wear. Pair them with jeans, trousers, harem pants, skirts or dresses the possibilities are endless. They are a chic way to finish an outfit and everyone should own at least one black pair.
So my dear readers, I am very sorry for piling all of that on you in one post, I hope you have enjoyed it. Please leave a comment if you have any more suggestions. Good night and good gardening.